Applications Ongoing: African Union, African Youth Ambassadors For Peace (AYAP). Read the full details here.
The Peace and Security Department which is also known as the Political Affairs, Peace and Security Department, PAPS) initiated the Youth for Peace (Africa) Program (Y4P) in late 2018 as a portion of the African Union’s (AU) attempts to develop the Youth, Peace, and Security (YPS) initiative. The scheme’s main goal is to facilitate the active engagement of Young individuals throughout all aspects of peacekeeping.
During the AU Commission’s 807th conference, the AU Peace and Security Council (PSC) demanded that the AU Commission nominate five local African Youth Ambassadors for Peace (AYAP) to work primarily with the AU Youth Envoy in promoting international peace and security throughout the region, in order to increase social inclusion in the country’s unity and security plan.
An African youth who has shown dedication and made a major effort to the development of long-term peace and security. Applicants who satisfy the below requirements, particularly teenage girls, internally displaced people, and those with impairments, are especially urged to apply:
- Have a college education in international affairs, peace, and conflicts, political science, legislation, or similar fields; a master program would become an extra benefit;
- Be about the ranges of 15 and 35 years, in line mostly with the AU Youth age;
- Possess expertise in identifying and encouraging peaceful coexistence, particularly in instituting and enabling multi-stakeholder conversations and intervention attempts;
- Must have had a minimum of 2 years of experience in peacebuilding with proven ability for advocates on children, peace and security matters, and also capacity development;
- Have quite a decent track record in the local town wherein applicant works;
- Have excellent language and leadership abilities;
- The AU’s official tongues are English, French, Arabic, and Portuguese. It is necessary to be fluent in any AU primary language; understanding some other AU dialect would indeed be preferable.
Aims and Objective of the African Union, African Youth Ambassadors For Peace (AYAP)
Support cross-sectoral cooperation as a comprehensive approach to juvenile justice systems. And for the eradication of physical obstacles to youth empowerment; and actively support and focus on promoting an active and meaningful willingness to the participation of youngsters at all tiers of choice. Perhaps policymaking, execution, and tracking of defense and stability decision-making.
How to Apply.
Applications Ongoing: African Union, African Youth Ambassadors For Peace (AYAP).
Click here to apply.
Don’t miss out on any opportunity, join our WhatsApp Group
Click here to join